Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,395 Posts
I’d put a 2x4 up on that cross bar and slightly over jack the thing and see if it pops back into shape. If not, I’d then slightly over jack it again after first applying Gorilla Adhesive along those seams. Let the glue set over night. Use the Faster setting Heavy Duty Gorilla Adhesive in the Caulk Tube from Big Box. Or, use FuzeIt by Liquid Nails. I’ve used both on my truck on the inside and out on various items needing it. Still holding and the bonus is the Adhesive is a sound deadener!

Edit: Remove the old glue first.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Yeah. The metal needs to be over stretched/over jacked slightly. Trick is not ruining your roof line. This is the shtuff. It has some flex to it and is the reason I recco’d it.

Another idea (in addition/conjunction to what I explained above in the prior post) is to add a long flat steel plate (the width of the arch by approx. 1” wide x 1/8” thick) in that natural groove in the existing arch. Load it up with glue and jack into shape when you glue the other stuff. Let dry and remove jack. Should act as a splint and stiffener. You may need to pre-bend the metal to the arch first but you get the picture. Maybe add some short sheet metal screws in the mix.

Liquid Drink Font Solvent Wood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts