Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 02 TRD Sequoia and just installed a Curt hitch. I started to install the Curt T connector that is supposed to plug and play and i cannot find the harness that is supposed to be on the passenger side behind the bumper.

I talked to tech support at Curt, and they told me that I may not have the harness prewired. Is this true, that I probably don't have the harness to hook up to? Where exactly is the harness supposed to be for the 02? Should I be able to see it without removing anything? If I have to hardwire this 4pin harness, can someone provide me with install procedures? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind folks, I'm a tool for trying to follow the directions from Curt. The harness was on the driver side behind the bumper. I guess it was just a little premature posting.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Dude, you have a TRD Sequoia? Please post some pictures of your rare ride for us. I've tried to get some of the TRD members to post on one of the threads we have. I need to see what decals you have on yours...

·
Registered
206 Posts
For years now I've been saying to my painter friend I's like to cut up my grill to have the mesh set back like in the TRD grille, I didn't even know that was what a TRD grill looked like! Looks like I need to buy one of those instead of cutting mine up. What else is different on the TRD? Did it come with a locker or is it all cosmetic?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There were a few options on the TRD Sequoia. It was only offered in 02-03' in the South East Toyota region. It's basically a 2WD SR5 with suede leather seats/door panels, carbon fiber dash inserts with carbon fiber/leather steering wheel. It also had the special Racing Development Decals on the front doors, TRD grille, TRD (Borla) dual exhaust, lighted running boards and some had the TRD supercharger, and the 18" TRD BBS Wheels. I've only seen them in black, white and a couple silver. They had some production parts left over and they were sold similar to the Ivan Stewart Tundra parts. I found an original grille from South East Toyota from the 2002 production run, and bought it right away, and had the stainless insert powder coated black. I believe there are a few left on TRDparts4u.com you can still buy, and there was some left from the original manufacturer selling on eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts