Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't doubt for a second that this is a VERY worn out subject for you guys, but I hope for those of you who don't mind, you'll bear with me. I have an '02 Toyota Tundra SR5 with around 103,000 miles on it. I'm thinking about getting a lift so that I could tuck some 33" tires under it, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. I've heard about some spacers that you can throw on the coils, or something like that, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go.

I wouldn't mind a stiff ride in the least, and this is a purely cosmetic thing. Sure I'll take it offroad once and a while and through the snow, but not much more.

My questions are these:
How much of a lift would I need to fit 33" tires under it without having to trim anything up?
What would you recommend I do to obtain this height?
Any specific products to go for or avoid?

Also, being that it's relatively high mileage, I'm wondering if anyone's ever gotten their Yota bored out or anything. I think it'd be awesome to renew my engine and get that extra power out of it. So anyone with experience in this please let me know what you did, how much it cost you, was it worth it, etc... Obviously as I stated before, I don't need anything extreme since I won't have it offroad much, but to have that extra get-up-n-go would be great.

Thanks in advance guys!
-Sam

Edit: I'm no stranger to working on a truck. I did a frame up restoration on a 1954 Chevrolet pickup. It was a pretty sweet rig. I'll give you some details.

383 Stroker (425 hp 475 ft. lbs. of torque)
1977 K5 Blazer 4x4 chassis
SM 465 tranny with NP 205 transfer case
12 bolt rear end and Dana 44 front end (4.10 gear ratio)
6" of total lift
35" tires

Unfortunately I put it in the hands of a guy who was supposed to do body work, paint, and upholstery over a year ago and he's done nothing to it but let it rust. So I've got a lawsuite going on him soon and all that nasty stuff. But at this point in my life, the vehicle's no longer practicle, so I'd like to get a great running, offroad capable rig that still gets me from College Station, TX to Golden, CO without issue.

So the goal with the Tundra is a great offroad capable rig that's more tame and practicle onroad as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts