Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..its been broke since winter and the keywhole is also broken.:td: i'm just wondering where i can find a replacement. maybe replace it without the keyhole. i've checked some places around but so are only for the 03+ models...does it really make a difference of the gas cover for the 02 and 03 models?

this you can see the handle is broke

just a small zoom

·
Registered
797 Posts
My old 2000 Tundra broke in the same place...
I now lube my hindge on a regular basis and recommend everyone else does the same....

I never fixed mine and was just very careful with it til the day I traded it in and i'm not sure there is a simple fix unless you can find one in a boneyard the same color as yours?.....

·
Life Member
95 Posts
I searched and searched and ended up at the dealership. I think it cost me between 2 and 3 Benjamins... including paint.

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
you two from TN, any close Junkyards in the east TN area w/ Tundra's in them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah...i live in minnesota. but i checked some out on ebay and found some "cool" looking ones without the keyhole but it was only for the 03+ Tundra models...does it make a difference?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
j/w if the 03+ gas cover's make a difference when i put it on my 02...thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sorry, I do not know of any around here. I just noticed that you are from Bristol as well. I live in Bristol, TN. I have never seen anyone else on this board from here before.

Does your truck have one that is broken? I used to know of a salvage lot that stocked later model cars, but I think it may be gone/downsized. It was the one across from Bristol Motor Speedway... you may want to see if they are still there- they may have one. Good luck.

you two from TN, any close Junkyards in the east TN area w/ Tundra's in them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts