Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the head unit from my 02 Tundra to view the back connectors. I want to add an Ipod integration unit but I am unsure if it will work because it is the single CD unit with a tape deck and I read on some integration systems that you need to have the 6-disk changer as well. I did notice that there is an empty 12 pin (?) slot, will any systems out there work with this unit? Thanks in advance, your help is appreciated! - Kurt

·
Registered
199 Posts
bump for some info - i was looking at the same integration unit but not sure that i should order it yet - mine is a 06 dbl cab w/jbl

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed a USA Spec PA11 adapter in my 03 Tundra w/single CD and tape deck. The open slot on the back of your head unit should be for adding the 6 disc changer which means if you have that extra slot you should be good to go. BTW, I'm happy with the USA spec. I got it from Crutchfield and the install was pretty straightforward for a guy like me who's clueless about electronics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This helps a lot thanks for the info! I just installed the Peripheral Ipod 2 Car and it works well. The only complaint is that the volume does not get very high and I cannot control the volume on the Ipod so it is limited. Do you experience the same problem with the unit you purchased?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't control the volume with my Ipod either but I am able to get good volume out of the setup. I do have to turn my volume up higher than I would have to if I were were listening to the radio or CD however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts