Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'02 Highlander v6

chk eng lite & VSC lite come on. Go to auto zone and they read code 1135: air/fuel sensor bank 1 sensor1, probable cause#1 open or short circuit,#2 poor electrical connection.

Sounds like i have to replace the O2 sensor before the cat converter near the firewall - they renamed it A/F sensor, i think, because it adjusts the air/fuel mix.

Any 2nd opinions?

Any advice as to how to accomplish the replacement?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just changed my A/F sensor. Bought OEM sensor part #8946748011 online for [email protected] OEM Auto Parts. Don`t use aftermarket ! Used PB blaster lubricant 2 days before on sensor threads. Put Highlander up on ramps and used 7/8 crowsfoot w/ratchet.( already had tool and didn`t want to spend $ on special socket if I didn`t have to) Surprisingly sensor popped right off! Electrical connector took a little time to disconnect. Not much room @ the top of the firewall for 2 hands. Reset code w/ pocketscanner. Took about 45 minutes in all. Only 1 scratch on right hand! Not differcult to do. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey fordam5 can you tell me what you did to get two hands on the o2 connector? I am pressing the clip on the back side down but can't get my other hand on the other side to pull it apart. Also is there a trick to make the plug come off easier?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts