Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a new member. Can anyone provide info. on the TSB's to correct this problem?
What is the fix?

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello I am a new member. Can anyone provide info. on the TSB's to correct this problem?
What is the fix?
Thank you
Is this a trick question?
OK..
You FRONT END needs to be aligned, or you left brake is sticking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I am not that stupid, and it is not a trick question it has been aligned 7 times and the brakes have been repaired twice.

There are 2 TSB's published by Toyota to address this problem of pulling to the left, I am trying to find the TSB #s and what is the fix to then go back to the dealer and smack them over the head with their own TSB to finally fix the damn car.

·
Registered
635 Posts
No I am not that stupid, and it is not a trick question it has been aligned 7 times and the brakes have been repaired twice.

There are 2 TSB's published by Toyota to address this problem of pulling to the left, I am trying to find the TSB #s and what is the fix to then go back to the dealer and smack them over the head with their own TSB to finally fix the damn car.
I only saw one TSB & it was a generic document for all Toys, not just the Avalon. It gives troubleshooting info (rotate tires, check brakes, align front end (set camber), etc. No specific faulty parts to replace or known issues.

My wife's '99 was eating tires a little quicker than I thought it should & we finally took it to a real FE shop. They found the driver's side wheel pushed back 1/4" from where she clipped a curb when an idiot ran a red light & she avoided him by swiping the curb. The car drove fine & subsequent alignments at an alleged good independant shop showed everything was fine. Dallas Frame & Alignment found the wheel was pushed back. After they fixed it & aligned the front end, the car drove better that day than the day it was new.

I suggest you find a real FE alignment shop.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
bent struts due to hitting curbs can be an issue, i had one replaced and when they layed the exposed cylinder on flat surface and rolled it you could see 1/2 daylight when it was rolled!! wife hard on curbs, actually we bot are!!! hehe!!:td:

·
Registered
7 Posts
It has been aligned 7 times and the brakes have been repaired twice.

There are 2 TSB's published by Toyota to address this problem of pulling to the left, I am trying to find the TSB #s and what is the fix the car.
I have a 99 that I had aligned 3 times and it still pulls to the left. Not much, you have to be on the interstate almost to tell it. Just a real slight pull. And in 62K miles I can't tell that it is wearing the tires abnormal at all.
Today after they replaced the power steering rack assy the Toyota place aligned it again. I told them of the malay and he says they will fix it. I have not drove it enough to tell yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you being a subscriber should have access to this yourself?:confused:
I've had the same problem since I bought my avalon back in 03 - always pulls to the left. Brought it in a couple times to the dealer and they said alignment was fine yet it still pulled left, next time I had the tech do a road test, he said the highways have a slope to them causing it to drift left. Funny seems it should drift right as well, it doesn't. Just had to buy new tires because of the wearing out on one side, had a full 4 wheel alignment done by tire dealer, still goes left. I can't find the TSB referred to either but I'm heading to the dealer knowing i'm not crazy at least.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bulletin st005-01 i have had camarys avalons and camary coupes in for this problem and fixed evry one of them by getting toyota alinment bolt with 3 dots on them and adjusting camber out on right wheel
i have had only one bite me inthe butt with this and came to find out the new tires that were on the car one was almost inch off in dia to the rest hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99 that I had aligned 3 times and it still pulls to the left. Not much, you have to be on the interstate almost to tell it. Just a real slight pull. And in 62K miles I can't tell that it is wearing the tires abnormal at all.
Today after they replaced the power steering rack assy the Toyota place aligned it again. I told them of the malay and he says they will fix it. I have not drove it enough to tell yet.
Also, i dont think someone has mentioned this, but we see it alllll the time- there is a difference between a pull and a drift. most people complain about thier cars "pulling" all the time , when in essence, its drifting because of the way the road crowns. just make sure you know which yours is really doing before you go try to tear a dealership apart and end up making a fool out of your self :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2000 Avalon at 90k and its pulling to the left and vibrating. You can actually tell as the sterring wheel turns a bit to the left when the car stands. Any solutions to what I should be looking at as different shops take care of different problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts