Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need some insight on this please: the other day I was driving on the freeway and as I made the transition from one Frwy to the other the check "engine light, VSC Trac and VSC Off" came on all at the same time, I ran a diagnostic with the "blue driver" and got some codes, however before I go that route wanted to ask and see if anyone here has had that happened? and if so how did you addressed it? The codes I got from the blue driver were: P0051, C1203 & C1360 the 0051 makes reference to "(bank 2 sensor 1)heater current is low OR (bank 2) heater current is low; the 1203 to: has no definition and the 1360 refers to: "VSC master pressure sensor". Again, i wanted to see if anyone here can help before i start throwing money at it. thanks!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've had intermittent problems with VSC/brake coming on but not throwing codes that I could read with Torque (Android app on my phone via ODB2 dongle plugged into trucks ODB2 port). Then I read that you can't get the ABS/brake codes via this method so I bought a cable on eBay/AliExpress (shipped from China so took about 6 weeks to come with COVID) in order to be able to run the Toyota software on a PC plugged in with this special cable to get the actual codes.

I just got the cable and the lights aren't on but soon I'll try to get the Toyota software working and see if I can communicate with the truck to get codes so next time I'm ready.

My problem might be different than yours as you have other codes you can read. Just mentioning it though as it wasn't clear that I couldn't read the ABS/traction codes via the normal methods until I read more.

This is the cable I bought:

I got the "Mini VCI FT232RL" shipped from China. It was $10.xx when I got it -- looks like $15.21 right now but plenty of sellers I think. I think those other adapters are for older Toyotas so I skipped that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts