Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the process the same for doing the rear brakes as it is the front brakes for a pad and rotor change? The fronts are a fairly simple brake job. I'm just wondering if I have to mess with the e brake shoes whatsoever when replacing the rear pads and rotors.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'm just wondering if I have to mess with the e brake shoes whatsoever when replacing the rear pads and rotors.
Yes, you do. To get the rear rotors off, you will need to back off the parking brake pads. If your 03 Sequoia is the same as my 04 Sequoia, the way you do this is to set the access hole in the rotor to the 6 o'clock position, then turn the star wheel DOWN (same both sides) with a flat-blade screwdriver until the rotor releases.

The other way to do this is to beat on the rotor with a BFH until something gives. ;-)

When reassembling, turn the star wheel up until the parking brake pads contact the rotor then back off the star wheel so there is only a very slight drag on the rotor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anything else I need to know in this? Will be doing rear brakes on an 04 big tree . Just finished the fronts this morning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts