Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Tundra SR5 with the 4.7L engine, 4x4, extended cab, and the 6 and a half foot long bed. I need to replace part of my exhaust since my muffle has a gaping hole in the side (but it sounds awesome). I wanted to get the Tundra 2000-2006 Cat-Back™ Exhaust Multi-Core part # 14854 from Borla. When I plug in my info into sites like amazon, summit racing, etc. they say it doesn't fit my truck. I get errors for years (only fitting 05-06) or errors for trim (only fitting limited). I reached out to Borla and someone there thinks it will not bolt on, but an exhaust shop should be able to modify it to fit. I was planning on installing this myself, but I am not a welder so I need a bolt on solution. I am hoping someone has my truck and this exhaust and can tell me for sure. Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone reads this, I wanted to update the thread. The Borla exhaust fit perfectly onto my truck. The only issue was that this didn't come with an exhaust clamp and my old setup wasn't using one, but other than that, it fit perfectly. It is really quiet and I am planning on removing the resonator next week to liven up the sound a bit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Removing the resonator is cheap to try out, but the truck does get pretty rowdy without it. I replaced mine with a high flow resonator, it's enough to kill the drone without sounding weak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removing the resonator is cheap to try out, but the truck does get pretty rowdy without it. I replaced mine with a high flow resonator, it's enough to kill the drone without sounding weak.
Who makes your high flow resonator and where did you get it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Who makes your high flow resonator and where did you get it?
I can't remember, It was almost 4 years ago. I just had a look under the truck and it has no name on it either (it looks as good as the day I bought it though!). I just searched for a SS high flow resonator with similar in/out dimensions as factory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don’t mess with the factory resonator or y pipe. They don’t restrict anything on a stock setup with only a catback installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts