Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom Fiberglass Box: 2 Kicker CVR 8" Dual 2ohm subs in .82cuft enclosure including the sub displacement. With 400W powering the enclosure it measured 122dB’s on the mic setup on driver side front dashboard. It will only fit in 2004-2006 Tundra Double Cab. I have built numerous complex fiberglass enclosures before. I chose not to finish the top with fiberglass, bondo and paint as I occasionally lift my seats up and throw crap on top of the box (non-subwoofer side of course) so I covered it with black spray liner. The fiberglass shell was inlayed onto thermal acoustic cockpit matting (TAC Mat) to minimize unwanted resonating frequencies and vibrations between the enclosure and the subfloor. As secondary protection against vibration I highly recommend sound deadening the floorboard with Dynamat or something of the same. Another recommendation to minimize rattles is to take the plastic cover off the underside of the rear seat and apply Dynamat extreme and cut up a foam mattress topper and layer it thick compressing it into the cavity then put plastic cover back on. With the enclosure installed and full excursion on the subs they do not hit the seat bottom when seat is closed on top of them, however their output is reduced by the subs playing directly into the seat bottom. I usually drive around by myself when I've got it cranked and I flip up the passenger side rear seat and fold it forward to maximize the output level. Bass depth increases as well when the front windows are slightly open. I’m considering selling it if anyone maybe interested with or without the subs. I can only guarantee that 8” Kicker CVR Dual 2ohm subs will fit and sound the best.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
How about a picture of it when it was installed? How much are you looking to get out it, with the subs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts