Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So I am absolutly stumped here.

I am finding existance of a Daystar 1" body lift. Will this fit my truck?

I dont really want to go a full 3" with a body lift at this point due to the apparent rear bumper issues with the hitch. I would like something in the 1" to 2" range.

Does anyone know what is avaible? I would really appreciate some help here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
pdmted,

Good luck with this topic! I have search the forum for hours and as of yet have no real solution! Daystar does make a 1" body lift, but it's not available yet, and they are saying three weeks!

As far as fit and finish I’ve read that the front and rear bumper will have a 1” gap once the lift is installed, and to me a 1” gap in the front bumper would stop me from purchasing this lift.

Hope that helps, and I hope someone else with actual info will chime in!

-desert_tundra

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I was looking at the 1" is because of gaps. The 3" kits all move the front bumper up, but if you have a factory hitch, the rear bumper has to either stay in place or a lot of welding is required. I am hoping I can make my own brackets to move the front bumper up 1".

I think 3" is a little too much for me in terms of body lift. I hear of way too many issues with A/C lines and brake lines when going that far. I would really like to find something in the 1" to 2" range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Donahoe 2.5 Coilovers set @ 2.0"

these are completly ajustable and ride much better than stock... (bulletproof!!!)

SoCalTundras

later

·
Registered
89 Posts
whatever dude about the donahoes.

that's socal blingbling.

overrated for regular drivers out there.

unless you're prerunning the desert it's a waste of cabbage in my opinion.

I think it's so funny how people ask for advice or suggestions on lifting and immediatley there's a response like "'hoes....'nuff said" or something cheesy like that.

what's your proof other than you had a grand to blow to make your truck look cool with some blingy red or blue coils.....

Let me officially say, I have nothing against any manufacturer of coilovers out there and completely respect donahoe and their reputation. I've just been in the thread starter's place before and I got a lot of the same jargon about coilovers. It just seems like a big to do or something, but whatever floats your boat.

just keepin it real. not everyone on this forum wants coilovers and other than the west coast, I haven't seen anyone back east perform any maintanence on those coilovers.

Now I'll probably get grilled for not knowing how to revalve them

·
Registered
37 Posts
pdmted,

I agree with you about the 1-2" BL being enough, I got the install instruction sheet from Daystar and everything seems pretty straight forward but I still want to see what the gaps look like.

Hopefully when they finally release the lift they’ll have some pictures.

-Brad

·
Registered
803 Posts
whatever dude about the donahoes.

that's socal blingbling.

overrated for regular drivers out there.

unless you're prerunning the desert it's a waste of cabbage in my opinion.

I think it's so funny how people ask for advice or suggestions on lifting and immediatley there's a response like "'hoes....'nuff said" or something cheesy like that.

what's your proof other than you had a grand to blow to make your truck look cool with some blingy red or blue coils.....

Let me officially say, I have nothing against any manufacturer of coilovers out there and completely respect donahoe and their reputation. I've just been in the thread starter's place before and I got a lot of the same jargon about coilovers. It just seems like a big to do or something, but whatever floats your boat.

just keepin it real. not everyone on this forum wants coilovers and other than the west coast, I haven't seen anyone back east perform any maintanence on those coilovers.

Now I'll probably get grilled for not knowing how to revalve them

just slap some ranchos on and hit the dirt, thats what i say :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im already running a 2.5" Toytec up front and 1" blocks in the rear. The truck sits nicely, rear just a little higher than the front, but I still want more height and cant afford to go with a full subframe drop.

I think too much of the frame shows with the 3" BL. Also, I dont plan to drop the rear bumper due to the complex hitch/bumper bracket design requiring a lot of cutting and welding. I am 90% confident I can make my own front bumper brackets to raise it up an inch.

There is already a small gap between the bed and the frame. Another inch wont be noticable and I can make my own gap guards if I want to cover it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts