Toyota Tundra Forums banner

'04 Level Kit... Suggestions?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tundra3400 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2004 Tundra TRD 2wd Acess cab, W/ stock everything. I have been planning out some things I want to do to it, the first thing is to get it leveled out and put some bigger tires on it. Im having a hard time finding the correct level kit for it... Does anyone know the correct one? Also once I get the kit on there, what tire size could fit without rubbing?

Thanks. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

See less See more
#4 ·
if you put the billys on it and level it with just those you can put 285s (~33in) tires on it as long as you dont offroad. they will rub a little but they look awesome. but i would also recommend the 265/75/16 like drunk said to eliminate any rubbing.

#6 ·
Wonderfull, thanks for your responses guys ~

I'm not going to be offroading, I'm simply doing this to give the truck A (for lack of a better word) Sturdy Stance, tire offset and level stance. I'm somewhat new to DIY automotive stuff I'm not quite sure what a rear block will do, however I have been looking at 2.5" steel spacers. Would that be the right path to go? Suggestions on what I could do to achive the wider more "stable" stance?

Thanks -

#8 ·
that steel spacer is going to be a nice ride....not really. the 5100s go up to 2.5, have longer travel so they ride better, but they cost a little bit more than the spacer kits. you should just spend the extra money for the 5100s and be done.

#9 ·
the most important thing to realize is that when you add a top mount spacer you are still using your stock spring/strut assembly. the ride will barely be changed. more importantly you will feel it when you go to a load rated tire which most 285s and above are rated D or E.

#10 ·
but with that spacer the shock will bottom out at some point and it going to feel a little different. but we all opinions so its up the the op to chose which set up he likes better.

but i do agree with the load rating and ride quality. my load D 285 nittos feel everything in the road lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.