Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Maybe somebody out there can help me. I have a 04 RAV. Every time the tire pressure warning light comes on (it stays on even after I have checked and filled the tires) I have to leave it on until I get the car serviced. My dealer won't tell me how to turn it off. I'm tired of him charging me to turn it off, Does anybody out there no how to reset this thing? Better yet is there a way to shut it off permanently? Thanks alot
Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check your manual. It tells you how. Mine '05 has a tire pressure reset button left of the steering wheel on the dash. I also recall having to hold the trip odometer in and then starting the engine to clear things up when I rotated the tires. That may be how you do it. Read your manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone.
Maybe somebody out there can help me. I have a 04 RAV. Every time the tire pressure warning light comes on (it stays on even after I have checked and filled the tires) I have to leave it on until I get the car serviced. My dealer won't tell me how to turn it off. I'm tired of him charging me to turn it off, Does anybody out there no how to reset this thing? Better yet is there a way to shut it off permanently? Thanks alot
Rick
In my 2004 Rav4 AWD I do this following way:
1. Stop the car. If automatic gearbox, switch to P.
2. Don't turn off engine !
3. press button with icon like tire warning indicator and hold them until indicator is switch off.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my wifes 04. The only difference is that she had a blow out and the light never went away. Even after I replaced the tire, set all pressures. And I even went as far as removing the reset button and checking it for power and ground. I have no power to any of the wires. The 04's doesnt have the sensors on the wheels it uses the abs.
Any ideas?
I have to go to inspection and im afraid it will fail cause of that. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts