Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum having just purchased a 04 Sequoia. I have love the truck, the ride is fantastic and the headroom is the great.
However... the driver leg room is pathetic.
I am 6'7" and let me caution anyone over 6' to watch the legroom in the 04 model closely. I did not catch the problem until a 2 hour road trip. Everything appears OK at first or around town for short durations. Anything over 1.5 hour is a real pain. The angle and position of the gas pedal or the lack of seat track length seems to be the problem. I believe Toyota added about 2 inches to the seat track in 05 but have not yet confirmed this.
My 95 Avalon has more legroom than this. The Ford Escape looks like a luxury drive of legroon next to this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue ? Do you know if 05 and later models correct this leg room proble ?

Hopefully I will adapt to this. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I am new to the forum having just purchased a 04 Sequoia. I have love the truck, the ride is fantastic and the headroom is the great.
I am 6'7" and let me caution anyone over 6' to watch the legroom in the 04 model closely. I did not catch the problem until a 2 hour road trip. Everything appears OK at first or around town for short durations. Anything over 1.5 hour is a real pain. The angle and position of the gas pedal or the lack of seat track length seems to be the problem. I believe Toyota added about 2 inches to the seat track in 05 but have not yet confirmed this.
My 95 Avalon has more legroom than this. The Ford Escape looks like a luxury drive of legroon next to this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue ? Do you know if 05 and later models correct this leg room proble ?

I have a 2005 Sequoia and I am 6'6" 350 pounds. Although I have the seat all the way back as far as it can go I find myself VERY comforable with plenty of leg room. You must be rite about an extra 2 inches of seat track that they added in 2005 because if I was 2 inches closer I don't think I would be to happy. But then again I have a 2002 Tundra and with the seat all the way back I am pretty comfortable in there as well. Johnnnnny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the confirmation on the 05 Johnny. Now I get to see if if my dealer will work with me on this issue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am 6'7 also and I have very good leg room in my wife's 05 Seq and I have driven older models at work and I cannot saw a noticed a 2in difference in the seat travel but I may be wrong. But just because we are both 6'7 you may have longer legs than I do. My daily driver is an 03 DC Tacoma and I feel comfortable in it and I have a 93 Integra 2D that I drive sometimes and I fit fine in that but for long trips all 3 of them are uncomfortable to me. :confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm 6'2" and a bit and I have zero space problems. Gee, I could have got a sun roof too!:D

·
Registered
455 Posts
See what the longer tracks cost to order. Removing the seat is pretty simple, and disconnecting the electrics is a simple snap together plug. I assume you experimented with different seat positions (sometimes a higher seat position allows for more tilt, and more leg room).

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have an '04. I'm only 5'10" (yes I feel short around you guys!). I drive with the seat all the way back. Although I clearly don't have any space issues like you guys, I was surprised that there wasn't more seat travel. I definitely think it's tight, relative to all the other space in the Seq. It's the only car and truck that I've ever had to put all the way back, with the exception of my old single-cap Ford Ranger from '90.

I would definitely look into getting the new rails. It should make it much more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I didn't even fit in my Cobra when I got it. The only reason I bought it is because I found out that they make a replacement seat track that lets the seat go all the way back rite up against the rear seat. With that installed I now need to move the seat up a little. :cool: Johnnnny

·
Registered
125 Posts
I originally bought the Sequoia for my 5' 2" wife, so it wasn't an issue until I had to drive for a long trip. I'm 6'. I have to readjust the seat into many different configuations during a long trip, otherwise it's not a very comfortable seat for a long trip. I don't think moving the track (or extending it) would make me any difference, it's the shape of the seat for me. I have plenty of leg room. When we were shopping though, she couldn't see well enough over the dash of a Tahoe, even with the seat fully adjusted to it's highest setting. With the Sequoia she could see fine, and still had adjustment available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also new to this forum and I too have just purchased an 04 Sequoia.
I am 6 ft and suffer the same disappointment with the lack of leg room:cry:.
I am now seeking any means to modify the travel-rail of the driver seat to increase the leg room. However, I Love the truck.:tu:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an '04 also. The length isn't my problem, it's the damn door pod bangs my knee. I have to velcro a pad there in the summer when I'm wearing shorts.

The wife's Rav4 is similar, the door controls are too low and take up knee room.

My pos Plymouth mini-van was great, you could almost cross your legs in that one.

Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
im 6 foot 3 250 lbs. leg room isnt too much of an issue, the seat kills me though! i constantly find my self laying it back more and more on every trip i make, im sure before the end of the winter ill be laying completely back all the way!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've also recently purchased an 04 Sequoia and am also 6'7" tall. I found that placing the power seat in the lowest height allows my legs to clear the dash. Was surprised at the lack of leg room but Totota is not noted for its leg room in it's older truck series vehicles.

You can have an extension installed, I know someone who is our height and purchased a Pruis with the same lack of leg room. His dealership hooked him up with a speciality shop that installs the extensions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts