Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

How do you activate the foglights on 04 Sequoia? There was pre-wired already but the wire is not live. I am searching around but come up with nothing. Thanks

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
If you install the factory head/fog switch and the fog light relay and fog light fuse they should work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got done putting fog light on my 2001 Sequoia
I got the a Light switch from Rock Auto that had Auto Light an Fog switch on it. (If you don't need Auto you can get that there too) I pay $65.00 shipped to me
and all you have to do is take 3 screws of the column cover and then there is 2 screws to hold the switch in place
and then on the back of the fuse block on the middle bottom you need to insert a relay (bone-yard $5.00 for 2)

and all lights work the way Toyota intended them to work

Greg
If you don't have Auto headlights now,
A new switch with auto headlight will not make them work (have not figure that out yet)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is some more info
I have a 2001 SR5 and there was no fog light on it
I went on EBay and order fog light kit for $101.99, It had the wiring and switch included
I look at just the lights and they would have been $99.99
search this on EBay: 01-06 TOYOTA/SEQUOIA/TUNDRA JDM FOG LIGHTS 02 03 04 05
here is the link to rock auto for the Headlihgt switch. This page give you different options
I bought STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # CBS1328 for $53.89 it had both Auto-headlights and
fog lights, the one that was fog light and not Auto was $127.79 so for $73 dollar less i can live with
the Auto not working (I might figure that out too)
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1375286,parttype,4472 TOYOTA SEQUOIA Headlight Switch
on very switch here if you click on More Info button it will show you pic of the stick

on this next link you can pick a relay you will only need 1for $5.00 - $11.00,
if you get one from Toyota it about $70 or at Auto Zone $56, I got 2 at the junk yard for $5.00 (just in case 1 did not work)

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1375286,parttype,3717 TOYOTA SEQUOIA Fog Lamp Relay
on the back side of the fuse block in the middle bottom there is an empty spot to put the relay
now if you want to put the switch on the dash the the wires that go up the column for the
fog lights switch are RED/WHITE to relay and the GREEN/BLACK go to the Body Computer
if you don't have Auto Headlight now, you put the auto switch on it will not work ,it look like it's the
programming in the Body Computer that is problem and if any one can tell how to make it work
I would appreciate it greatly

Good Luck to all
Greg

I also put a spoiler on my SR5 that i got off EBay $79.00 plus shipping ($104.) and it was painted
perfect match from autowingandspoilerking 2001 - 2007 Toyota Sequoia Spoiler OEM Style - PAINTED!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"now if you want to put the switch on the dash the the wires that go up the column for the
fog lights switch are RED/WHITE to relay and the GREEN/BLACK go to the Body Computer"

I am confusing right here. Why do you need a switch on the dash? I thought that a headlights switch will taking care the fog lights too.

Can you give a little more info on the relay? more like a specs of the relay and picture will help a lot. I am not an electrical wizard so be patient. Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
you'll need a switch on the dash (or wherever you want to put it) if you choose not to get the combo headlight/fog light switch (on SR5 w/o fog lights, the switch is different).

The relay is supposedly 20A, 12V
Pins look something like this:

| |
__
__

Thx to gtswanson who provided me with the info previously.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts