Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a 04 Taco with a hair over 100K on her. My baby has been very well taken care of but lately something has been going on. At any given speed she will just fall on her face for a moment then came right back. I thought it was related to the comp. cycling on and off but I turned the A/C off yesterday and it still did it. On the way home from work yesterday it did it 5 times within 19 miles. New fuel filter about a month ago and still does it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hello All,
I have a 04 Taco with a hair over 100K on her. My baby has been very well taken care of but lately something has been going on. At any given speed she will just fall on her face for a moment then came right back. I thought it was related to the comp. cycling on and off but I turned the A/C off yesterday and it still did it. On the way home from work yesterday it did it 5 times within 19 miles. New fuel filter about a month ago and still does it. Any ideas?
i believe these trucks are drive by wire so it sounds like a malfunction between the ECU and the throttle motor and its causing it to close the TB flap for that moment, if im understanding your "falling on its face" statement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello All,
You'll need to elaborate a bit more. Does the truck shut-off completely? Does it sputter? Do all of your lights stay on? Is the gas pedal completely un-responsive?

Need more vehicle info. Do you have the 4 Cylinder, or V6? Automatic, or Manual? 2 wheel-drive, or 4 wheel-drive?
Any check engine lights? Are you in the city, or the freeway when it happens? Does it happen with full-throttle, or part throttle? Can you re-create it?

Just crap-shooting at this point.
TPS could be failing. Fuel pump could be failing. (Depending on your model) the ABS/Traction control control could be failing. Could even be a transmission problem, if you've got an auto.

Fill in the above, as thorough as you can, and let's figure this out :tu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts