Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ....new to this forum....I currently own a '96 Taco Ext Cab, 3.4l V6, 5 Sp, Thunder Pkg....305,000 kms.. I'm shopping for a used truck in an auto., and have considered an '04 or newer Tundra 4.7L Ext Cab w TRD pkg..

Just tried out an '05 TRD Ext Cab, Tan color on Friday night, Dealer Demo, 31,000 kms.. At highways speeds (120 km/hr) I feel it had a slight front end shimmy to it, and thought it pulled abit towards the right. It didn't have the original tires on it, I suspect they pulled them off to put on another truck for a sale. Anyways could this be because of the Ball Joint recall i've read about? They offered to put new BF Goodrich All Terrain tires on it as well, OEM size. Just read about the recall yesterday.

Also I will be trying out an '04 as well this week, same pkg, TRD Ext Cab., Black (nicer color in my opinion than the '05), but with 75,000 kms on it. Can somebody tell me if the extra power, etc is noticeable in the '05?

Their both priced similar.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The power difference from 04-05 is very noticeable. Have you considered a Double Cab. I know for a fact that McClure's is getting in 2 DoubleCab 4x4s in the next week or 2. One is an 04 and the other is an 05.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts