Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've googled the crap out of this and can't find anyone else with the same issue....

But at low speeds, only in drive, I get a squeak from the Slip Yoke area. It does not happen in reverse. It does not happen in neutral (with truck on stands), I can rotate the drive shaft by hand and it turns smoothly. All of the u-joints are tight and firm, and turn easily (I don't think the issue is the u-joints). I think I narrowed it down to the Slip Yoke area.

I have a 2005 2wd double cab at ~125k. Just did my first drain and fill on the transmission fluid. The used fluid was still a reasonable gray/red color. With the new fluid, I'm still getting the squeak.

So I'm thinking it might be the Sleeve Yoke / Slip Yoke, or it's bushing and seals. I'm having trouble finding part numbers or advice. I'm not getting a slip yoke thump like others have reported. And it didn't seem to have leaked any tranny fluid, got about 2.75 qt of fluid out the drain plug when cold.

The sound is a steady grinding / squeaking noise at 1-5 mph. Over that it starts to fade. Above 20 mph it seems to have worked itself out.

And advice appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I was changing a couple of things, I’m not totally sure what the cure was. But it seams the tran fluid drain and fill fixed the squeak. That and WD40 on the sleeve yoke and loading the truck up and hauling some stuff for a few hundred miles. The squeak has gone away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts