Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit goin to all you Tundra people!
I have been looking for a mod that disables my DRLs and will allow me to turn on my foglights at anytime. I have searched, but I have yet to find a mod for the both of these to work at the same time. If any of you have to know how to do this, PLEASE let me know!

I have a 2005 DC with DRLs.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

·
Registered
189 Posts
solidwiring.com will give you the foglight mod your are looking for. but the foglights will still go off with the highbeams. and as far as the drl's there is a gray plug in between the fender and battery. unplug and tape it up. drl's are off now.

hope this helps....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply!
I know of the gray plug, but i wanted something clean.
the solidwiring.com website is down...
I want their harness, but I dont know how to get in touch with them.
And for the foglights, does this mean that when I flash my highlights, my fogs wont go on?

·
Registered
189 Posts
what do you mean about wanting something clean? and yes if you flash someone the fogs will not come on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
oh.... that is the only way, that i know of.

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
eh howzit kaukris...

as mentioned earlier, the cleanest you will get is just by unplugging it. One suggestion might be to tape off the plug, then zip tie it to the other wires against the wall in between the battery. It's out of place, and stored away neatly. Though if that isn't clean enough for you then the only other option I see is to just remove that wire but of course we all know that isn't the wisest choice.

Hope this helps and keep us informed as to how that harness turns out for you!

·
Registered
48 Posts
any updates on how to do this with a 2006 DC with DRL? I have searched hi and low, and even tried all of the other mods just for giggles, but ended up blowing out my dimmer switch! Got that replaced and now back at square one trying to figure it out. Cant find this so called solidwiring site or anything like it anywhere. Help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts