Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 DC 4WD, champagne or beige color, I love it. Well I of coarse got tired of liste ing to strictly FM so I installed a head unit and I bought the correct harness and have audio everywhere, although I did loose the steering Wheel controls (Never used them before).

So I'm wanting to install a 10" sub in one.of the compartments in the back under the seat. so my question is with this TYTO-01 Harness installed and aftermarket HU in am I now free to install and amp and subwoofers? If I wanted to add door speaks am I able too? Pretty much I'm asking if I want to add extra audio to my truck do I need to add more harnesses than what I already have installed (TYTO-01) to get everythimg to work sound?

THANK YOU in advance.
First forum, New to Tundra Soulutions
Not new to Tundras though!
Not new to wrenchimg either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2005 DC 4WD, champagne or beige color, I love it. Well I of coarse got tired of liste ing to strictly FM so I installed a head unit and I bought the correct harness and have audio everywhere, although I did loose the steering Wheel controls (Never used them before).

So I'm wanting to install a 10" sub in one.of the compartments in the back under the seat. so my question is with this TYTO-01 Harness installed and aftermarket HU in am I now free to install and amp and subwoofers? If I wanted to add door speaks am I able too? Pretty much I'm asking if I want to add extra audio to my truck do I need to add more harnesses than what I already have installed (TYTO-01) to get everythimg to work sound?

THANK YOU in advance.
First forum, New to Tundra Soulutions
Not new to Tundras though!
Not new to wrenchimg either.
I'm in similar boat. Just picked up 05 DC 4x4 with 155k couple days ago. It needs Bluetooth and front speakers are blown. I have JBL system, so what should my first step be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if your wanting just audio back you could go with a new headunit w/ blutooth , and replace your blown speakers. you will need TYTO-01 for the radio to play music.. i will post tomorrow what you need for subwoofer and amp hook up. i got that info off of another tundra site and will need to find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if your wanting just audio back you could go with a new headunit w/ blutooth , and replace your blown speakers. you will need TYTO-01 for the radio to play music.. i will post tomorrow what you need for subwoofer and amp hook up. i got that info off of another tundra site and will need to find.
Thanks, will wait to hear from you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is the post that answered my specific question above. the link is https://www.tundras.com/threads/05-dc-w-jbl-audio.54434/#post-1428440 just incase you wanna read on that post more. JC41 is me.

"
Most likely, yes. If your head unit has rca jacks on the back of it then you shouldn't need any other equipment. Just the amp and sub. Typically you'll have 1, 2, or 3 pairs of rca jacks.

Some units do not have rca outputs. For those types you will require a "Loc" (line output converter). It allows you to run a set of speaker wires (typically the left and right rear ones) into the inputs of the Loc. The Loc will have rca outputs that will be used to connect the amplifier(s).

If you know the model number we can take a quick look at the options and double check.

If you are just adding like the rears then, no. The harness that is installed will have the normal front and rear channel wires there. You might have to connect them to the proper wires behind the head unit though.

There's always exceptions or variables but for a normal setup with a sub/amp, you shouldn't need anything out the ordinary. Possibly a "Loc". The price can range from a couple bucks to a couple Franklin's. Its better to pass on the cheapest ones if your budget allows."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts