Toyota Tundra Forums banner

05 Sequoia Limited - mirror issue

Tags
mirrors
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Crazy Ivan 
#1 ·
I'm having some issues with the power mirrors....periodically they will refuse to move. You can hear the motors running for the mirrors, but there is no movement/adjustment of the mirrors. I am thinking there might be an alignment issue with the gears inside the housing as occasionally they actually work.

So my question is since the stealership won't work on mirrors, has anyone taken their mirrors apart? I believe the glass is actually held on with double sided tape, is this the case and is there a trick to getting them off with out damaging the glass or internals? I am not thinking that removing the door panels and taking the mirror off would help in this situation to get at the internal gears/motor etc.

I am trying to figure out if this is an issue that can be fixed as opposed to actually replacing the mirrors.

Last question, does the Haynes manual address mirrors or have anything on this topic?

Thanks,
DB

#2 ·
Limited Sequoia Mirrors are not made to be taken apart. I've tried to take them apart but only cracked mirror and no luck at all. End up buying them at local junk yard.

#3 ·
That's a bummer. Mine act up too and don't want to move. They fold in just fine since I do that every time I enter or leave the garage.
I think they must just get stuck since I rarely, if ever adjust them. It would be nice to know if they can be lubed up or somehow brought back to life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.