This happened on my '06 a couple of times in 10yrs, first time at about 40K, next was probably towards 140k.
First time I pulled the inner door panel off and managed to spray some electronic contact cleaner on/around the motor, probably also disconnected cabling too. And this seemed to work, but I was always worried, because I could not get very close to the motor when spraying.
Next time I pulled the whole motor, not impossible, but not a walk in the park. And as I recall I did some minor disassembly of the motor to expose armature and other electrical innards and cleaned things up with electrical contact cleaner. Motor was very good after that and I felt much better about things. Note, my rear hatch had alot of moister inside which is what was likely affecting the motor and causing to fail.
Before you spend 1.3k, I for sure try one or both of these methods and next step would be to buy a new motor.