Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, my wife has the same rav4 2005. i have the 2005 tundra doublecab limited/x-sp.
picture in gen1 double cab group thread gorilla tundra.

her tires lasted her 5years. i am almost ready for my 3rd set.

but she told me she has issue's in the rain, & with wind. that either the rav4 outside wind blows her all over, or , slides out in the rain.

so i plan on buying her a set of hankook tires for her rav4.
not sure yet,but they will be a softer tire. like a v-rated type.

as well as mine.
i had bfgoodrich g-force radial T/A's. i hated them.
they tracked is what other's call it here.
i call it a side to side, like a motorcycle on a graded bridge.
toyota knows about it with 20" rim's, there answer to me was you never owned a big rim before. i laughed and spent countless hours looking for a tire that wouldn't do this. on the computer, calling shop's, shopping in shop's, talking to everyone i could.
anyway, she has at least another year before she need's tires. mean while i will be on my 3rd set.
i have the fix for the tundra 20" tires. hankook ventus st tires V rated. and rated A in both catagory's.
also they are 6ply, & 2ply side wall's. i will be buying another set for sure, & most likely if they make them for my wife's reav4 she will also have them. they are safer.

funnny story, within 2 years her tires started to crack, i told them (dealership) about it. they said they all do that here in south florida, so i said forget about it. last oil change they said to me ,hey your rav 4 has unsafe tires. i said why. there cracked, i laughed. i told you about this 3 years ago. you said no big deal, they all do it down here. now there unsafe. please. by all means change them, since i told you about it 3 years ago, look it up. they shut up.

buy whatever tire is your weather for. as far as size. bigger will make her loose some mpg. never mind it might hit the wheel's. or she might not be able to tuen the steeering wheel all the way.
good luck,
gorillla

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Gorilla. I have the BFG AT KO 305/65/18s on my Tundra. It is a big improvement over the stock tires. I got rid of them before 2000 miles. The RAV4 has 50000 miles and the tires still have tread but I want to change them. I am probably going with Goodyear Fortera Tripletread. I have the Goodyear Assurance Tripletread on my Camry and I love them. I am looking for pictures of a gen 2 RAV with either 235/65 or 235/70.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, how are those tires working out in the wind, rain?
what are they rated H , V , etc, load rating per tire? and other rating's such as: temp, traction?
all the info should be there.
i will have to do a search.
but it's better every time to hear from someone that drives the vehicle.
gorilla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts