Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thread sorry if its ******. I have been having some issues with my tundra starting lately. When i would turn the Key over it would not start, all the interior lights would be on and same as the dash, not even a click. I just replaced the battery, i checked my alternator to see if it holds a charge and it does. Checked the wiring from the alternator to the battery and looks fine. I got pissed and started yanking on wires and disconnected my phone charger and repositioned my battery terminals for the 5th time and it started. Im guessing I have a short somewhere in the Wiring, a Ground maybe. Has any body had these same issues with their truck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Basically theres a wire that runs from your tailpipe to your alternator just disconnect it, And buy yourself a new truck.

·
2,875 Posts
Are you cables clean and free of corrosion? How tight did you get the terminal connectors? I've made the mistake of not tightening them enough before allowing them to move on the posts and not keep contact.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I owned a POS Ford it did the same thing. It turned out to be the key was not sending a signal to the anti theft device. I'm not sure if our Toyotas are equipped with this, but it may be a possibility. The symptoms you are describing sound just like this, with the interior lights on but nothing at all when you turn the key.

·
2,875 Posts
Only canadian versions have the chip.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i took off the cables and cleaned them same with battery terminals, Its been starting all week with out any problems so hopefully its fixed. Hopefully you wont see another post for this problem any time soon. Thanks puffnstuff and jim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts