Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of it, I've been trying to figure out what the tow info on this car is. I've searched online and through the manual and it all states different things. I've read anywhere from 5400 to 7100lb Tow Capacity . 4510 vs 5020 Curb weight. Can anyone please help me get the right info? I'm looking to hopefully tow a small 19 ft camper and would love to not have to buy a new car! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Your getting different info because your seeing bits and pieces of the different configurations Toyota offered that year. 2WD, reg cab long box, 4WD reg cab long box, 2WD AC, 4WD AC etc. The less stuff on the truck, the less it weighs and the more it can tow. But you also have to factor in the weight of people and gear. Each pound you add inside the cab also decreases the weight you can tow right? Maybe someone can tell you the specific weight of your configuration so you can do the math, that answer I dont have.
And you can also use the search function on this site. Top of any page where it says "Search Community". Type in tow rating for example, hit enter, and find a thread that looks like it best answers your questions. Didnt read through all of them but here's some examples. You can also ask your question in an existing thread, you might get more responses.
There is also a forum in here dedicated just to towing. Not sure how much is there but do some searching and you should find what you need.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I emailed Toyota at
[email protected]
and asked them the same question for my truck and they got back to me with an answer

Reactions: Trident39

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the life of it, I've been trying to figure out what the tow info on this car is. I've searched online and through the manual and it all states different things. I've read anywhere from 5400 to 7100lb Tow Capacity . 4510 vs 5020 Curb weight. Can anyone please help me get the right info? I'm looking to hopefully tow a small 19 ft camper and would love to not have to buy a new car! Thanks in advance
Well, my 2WD 4.7l v8 Tundra has successfully pulled a 35 foot long park model travel trailer but i would not recommend the experience as it was hard on the brakes. I has pulled a 20 foot boat and trailer, I have towed much smaller trailers. I would not be concerned a 19ft camper unless all the fixtures are made of solid 24K gold or something really heavy. I would recommend a good trailer brake be installed in any case
You should have no problems that Tundra of mine is sitting outside right now and I would not hesitate to tow a 19ft trailer anywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, my 2WD 4.7l v8 Tundra has successfully pulled a 35 foot long park model travel trailer but i would not recommend the experience as it was hard on the brakes. I has pulled a 20 foot boat and trailer, I have towed much smaller trailers. I would not be concerned a 19ft camper unless all the fixtures are made of solid 24K gold or something really heavy. I would recommend a good trailer brake be installed in any case
You should have no problems that Tundra of mine is sitting outside right now and I would not hesitate to tow a 19ft trailer anywhere.
Funny thing, on the original Title when I bought the truck new, it is listed as a 3/4Ton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts