Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wire mesh stuff is from the local Advance **** Parts (in the tuner section) cut to fit in the grill spaces and clear plastic wire tied in place. The 'fog' lights are the bottoms of two soda cans ($1) with some of the left-over mesh covering them, drilled and plastic wire tied to the black plastic factory hole covers. The bull bar I got from Ebay...Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
How was the bull bar installation?

I bought one of the same and I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit here before doing any wrench work :)

My install kit came with 4 huge black washers/spacers that are not on the instruction sheet. Did you have those too? Where'd you put 'em?

Did you use a torque wrench? Looks like I'll need to get one of those too....

·
Registered
157 Posts
you seriously cut the bottoms off of a soda can and are using it as (fake) foglights? :eek: Now THAT is ghetto! :( Why?

Eh, its your truck. Such a nice truck to do such a strange thing to.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agreed 06Sport, everyone has different tastes and availability of funds. Some make the best of it.
.....How will it hold up? Interesting, that grille mesh looks like screen from a stovetop vent hood filter......:confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Agreed on the ghetto....

WTH are your headlights so fogged?? Looks like you've hit them with some low grit sandpaper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice bull bar, but gonna have to agree I am not a fan of the "ghetto" fog lights. I will say I am impressed with the creativity though!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Excellent job on those ghetto fogs! You're throwing away money if you get the real thing. I went to Home Depot and bought 2 light bulbs for an outdoor spot. I then drilled a hole in the stock factory blanks (that fill the otherwise empty fog light hole) and glued and wired in the bulbs. They look great and I have a couple hundred bucks still in my pocket!

·
Registered
579 Posts
You're throwing away money if you get the real thing. I went to Home Depot and bought 2 light bulbs for an outdoor spot. I then drilled a hole in the stock factory blanks (that fill the otherwise empty fog light hole) and glued and wired in the bulbs. They look great and I have a couple hundred bucks still in my pocket!
jdvail, How are these doing in foggy conditions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts