Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, man I havent been on here for a while. Well my 2006 Tundra is still going strong, I need new tires though. I am on a budget (lost my job and new job pays 30% less) so my wife says I can get new tires at sears because we have an account, and or open an account at Les Schwab. What I want is to level the front with 2-3" lift and buy the biggest tires I can. Any suggestions are appreciated, I know you guys know whats best, even if cost is an issue.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I dont know what you mean by big tire, some mean wide and some mean tallest...and that really depends on what wheels youre using.

If lifting 2-3" you can fit a 33" tire if you have the proper backspacing on your wheels, which is 4.5" or less. If youre using stock wheels you will need to buy wheels spacers to give them the proper 4.5" backspacing so the tire wont rub the UCA.

If you search bilstein, youll will find plenty of threads about what tires / wheels combo people are running. And also remember to check peoples sigs too, they list what they are running. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have a 3" toytec spacer lift and 285's. look in gallery for pics...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Cheapest way would do a spacer lift, wheels adapters and 285's. You can also powder coat your wheels for a better custom look. I did all the mod's on my truck for around $2,300. Bought the rims/tires used off craigslist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts