Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new here and im looking to replace my 06 sequoia limited with the height control system on the back... I was looking for some aftermarket shocks like kyb but they dont seem to offer for the ones with the air suspension.. Does anybody can recommend a good aftermarket shock and where can i get them online or the OEM online? are these shocks the same of the NON air suspension? or same as the one on the 01-03 model? thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
So you currently have AHC in the rear? And you want to remove it? If you have the AHC, they do not make an aftermarket replacement. You would have to remove the system and go with normal shocks. To do this you may want to check in with the Land Cruiser forums on ih8mud.com as this may be a pretty good project to tackle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noooo i want to replace the shocks with new ones since the OEM are already busted..I wamt to know which way to go, oem or aftermarket and where can i get them online thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Oh, okay. I was confused about your first post expressing the height control (AHC) system. There are a few different shocks available. The factory shocks aren't bad if you want to keep the factory ride (they're probably Tokico, or KYB). You can also go with Bilstein, and there may be some other brands like Monroe/Rancho. You can also have some custom valved with Bilstein, or King. You can also try some Old Man Emu, or other 100 series Land Cruiser shocks for the rear. I personally would go with something aftermarket, and more heavy duty if you plan to load it up or pull anything with it. If you want to buy online, you can check out jack-it.com and they can throw you some quotes and provide some input. Wheelers might have some shocks on-line too. Good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the same AHC setup on my 06 as you. Please keep us posted as to what you get and how you like them.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts