Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Lads,

Just thought I'd pop in for some thoughts on this. I know many have talked about solutions to the rusty, leaky, rear diff covers. I have a 2006 4x4 Double Cab. I was looking into a weld on cover from Barnes4WD.com, but I'm not able to find a shop so far that wants to weld it on. Magically, yesterday I came across an axle housing from an 04 4x4 double cab that looks to be in good shape. Seller says no leaks and it came off a truck that was running and driving, not wrecked that they were just using for parts on another one. They didn't need the axle so they broke it down and are selling the parts. This is JUST the housing that I bought so my plan is to swap it in on my truck keeping my 3rd member, axles, and hubs. A couple shops I talked to don't want to do the swap for me because they are concerned about everything being so precise on vehicles now that they think I may end up with trouble down the road and I'll probably just be back in their shop in 6 months with diff noise. Any thoughts on this? I've seen some pretty crazy things done to vehicles but this sounds like a pretty straight forward swap to me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts