Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 5 years of worry free driving in my 06 Indigo Ink Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 I traded up last week to a brand new 2010 Tundra Crewmax Platinum.

I am so happy I made the move the new truck is much better suited for me and the things I need to do. I was always bothered by the lack of options in the Tacoma, no leather , no power, no sunroof etc. well that problem has been fixed now with the new Crewmax Platinum. :D

Anyway the reason for this post, I have brand new items for sale for anyone with a Tacoma double cab. I am from Canada so I would really like to deal with Canadians.

If anyone is interested in buying any of the following, I have brand new Legacy seat covers with map pockets and piping, blue on grey for a double cab tacoma full set front and back. Legacy are the same as wetokole expect the legacy covers fully wrap around the back of the seats to prevent rear passengers from kicking the bottom of the seats. I believe the wetokolo leaves that area unprotected. I also have front grey weathertech mats. I have a brand new front grill still in box indigo ink color. And lastly I have next to brand new set of winter rims and tires, brand new blizzacks in 17inch. I just bought them last year and put on about 500km. If anyone is interested in any of these items please message me.

Cheers.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am thinking of going from a Tacoma to a Tunda as well. I am interested in the mileage difference between the two trucks (I know it is not likely broken in) and any other differences you have noticed, ie: ride, quietness, etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bennicde

If you are thinking about making the trade up do it and don't think twice. In regards to gas you might be talked 2 mpg at best, which really is not much, when it comes to towing I think the Tundra will gain you back the extra 2-3 mpg easy.

The major differences between the two trucks are pretty big. The things I disliked about my tacoma have been solved in the tundra.

1. In the Tacoma from day one ( maybe the cheap drum rear brakes) I found the brakes to be weak right from new. Well the Tundra is a HUGE improvement with the massive front rotors and disk brake all around. Tundra wins by a mile.

2. The lack of options in the Tacoma always bothered me, no sunroom, no leather, very basic. Well I got a CrewMax Platinum so again Tundra wins by a mile. Why Toyota never offered a sunroom on the Tacoma is odd. That is a big feature to me.

3. The Tacoma 5 speed auto I found shifted often and at times a bit harsh. It seems in cruise the Tacoma had many issues trying to figure out what gear to be in. I found the 5 speed auto in the Tacoma to be lacking, well the Tundra 6 speed is great, smooth shifts less back and fourth thru the gears, and much smoother shifting. Another huge bonus on the Tundra Auto is you can shift the gearing up or down on your own and drive it like an auto/standard kind of thing. This is huge when comes to towing. Tundra gets the huge improvement in this department.

4. The Tacoma I found always had that heavy swaying on highway with some gust of winds. I found it to be a bit much. Gives the driver a bit of a battle, again the Tundra is much better for high speed/wind stability.

5. I always was alarmed by how thin the roof sounded in the Tacoma, meaning when it rained or I went thru a car wash, the sheet metal was so thin it sounded like the truck was going to be dented just from rain. At this time the Tundra sounds much better, is it still thin sheet metal, maybe but again sounds much nicer inside than the Tacoma.

6. Engine power, well no point in talking about that since the 5.7 Tundra motor is clearly better.

Again I liked my Tacoma for what it was, in no way am I bashing the truck, it served me well. I am sure I am missing other details but I am sure the above points you can relate. If you move forward and get a Tundra you will be happy :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts