Toyota Tundra Forums banner

06 Tundra 4x4 Ball Joint Recall done - Now pulls to the left.

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Brad's Dad 
#1 ·
I had the ball joint recall done on my 2006 Tundra 4x4 DC TRD. Ive noticed that the truck now pulls to the left no matter what road I am driving on. Ive looked on my receipt, and it stated they had Big O tires do the alignment after they replaced the ball joints. They did not attach the alligment results.

What do you guys think this is? They didn't do the alignment correctly? Bad ball joint on left side? Tires? I never really noticed this pull before I took it in. But I only had it a week and never really drove it too much.

#2 ·
Take it back to the dealer or Big-O. Have them check the alignment again and have them provide the specs. If this was done recently, there should be a warranty on the alignment. Usually 6 months or 6K miles. So, you shouldn't have to pay for anything....

#3 ·
Take it back to the dealer or Big-O. Have them check the alignment again and have them provide the specs. If this was done recently, there should be a warranty on the alignment. Usually 6 months or 6K miles. So, you shouldn't have to pay for anything....
Problem is - I live an hour and a half away from the dealer. I do have a Big O here in the town I live in. I wonder if they would let me take it to them? Ive emailed and called the dealer, no word back yet.

#6 ·
hi, i can't help with that sheet, but
you also might want to check your tire pressure in all tires.
you could be low.
try it on & make sure your on a straight ,flat road ,to see if it pull's.
if it is pulling, you will wear out your tire or tires. even though it's
a long ride, it would be cheaper in the long run. get it done asap.
before you need tires.
good luck,
gorilla

#8 ·
They probably won't warranty them past 1 year. Order yourself a set of moog lower ball joints and do them yourself. It isn't that difficult and I posted a DIY back in the day and it is still on this site and the pictures are in my gallery. Either borrow a puller from a local parts store or buy one. I think I paid 12 bucks for the correct puller from the help section at the parts store.

#9 ·
They probably won't warranty them past 1 year. Order yourself a set of moog lower ball joints and do them yourself. It isn't that difficult and I posted a DIY back in the day and it is still on this site and the pictures are in my gallery. Either borrow a puller from a local parts store or buy one. I think I paid 12 bucks for the correct puller from the help section at the parts store.
Thanks! But time is of the essence as they say. And by the way, I am prepping the Tundra and my 4WC to leave April 30th for Denali Park in AK to work for the summer. 3300 miles one way from WI. Think we traded pm's in the past on some of your experiences there!

Fred

#10 ·
Thanks! But time is of the essence as they say. And by the way, I am prepping the Tundra and my 4WC to leave April 30th for Denali Park in AK to work for the summer. 3300 miles one way from WI. Think we traded pm's in the past on some of your experiences there!

Fred
Good luck on your drive to Alaska. Wish I could join you again. Still have the circular crack I got on the road almost 10 years ago. It never spread and is on the passengers side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.