Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple things.

I have a 2006 Tundra Dual Cab with 4.7

1. I am towing a trailer that weighs 5,400 dry and was wondering if any has experience towing with this setup with a load that size. Also looking for Wide Mirrors for Tundra.

2. I have 18 inch wheel packages P275/55/18 and am trying to buy tires but the cheapest I get these for is $250 a piece. I don't really like how they look because they are passenger tires, I really wanted some decent truck tires with some tread for off-road.

3. I am also looking for a good stereo that works with my iphone and utilizes the JBL system in the truck.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
As far as the tires go, if you are towing the tires need to be rated for that kind of load.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Almost all tires in the truck's size will be rated to carry the load, but check the manufacturer's load rating specs to know what kind of safety margin you're dealing with. I upgraded to the SilentArmors in my signature in a load range C, and they are fantastic for towing but provide good ride comfort when unhitched. I strongly recommend a load range C tire for towing, and you can't go wrong with the SilentArmor.

I tow a 5500lb trailer with my 2005 Tundra, and it does fine. The 4.7L works when pulling it as you'd expect, but it's well within the engine's capabilities. I have a top-of-the-line hitch (used to have Hensley on old trailer, trying a Propride on the new one). The stability with the pivot-projection hitches (both Hensley and ProPride) is fantastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pull our trailer which is a 2010 Forest River Flagstaff 26RLSS. Have not weighted it (yet) but believe it is about 5500 lbs.

No problems at highway speeds......however, I am pulling here in the flat lands of Florida!

I am still using Dunlap passenger rater tires.....that I keep a close eye on for pressure and wear!

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts