Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost a year with no codes/engine light and progressively worse performance with acceleration & deceleration (feeling like a small parachute was being dragged when letting off gas at higher speeds) and MAFS & Air Filter routinely cleaned I saw dirty
throttle body symptoms were spot on. Throttle Body definitely had build up and wasn't opening or closing fully. Found video and replicated process (Didn't disconnect battery as it wasn't listed) only to have it start with rough idle which got better but threw codes P0121, P0122 & P0123. Codes eventually cleared and was running like a brand new truck for the 20-30 mins while driving it. Drove it next morning and now it runs rough constantly and definitely higher speeds. Feels like it is wanting to fail completely for brief moments while keeping constant speeds of 60-70mph. Just routinely replaced Denso plugs and replaced original coil packs 1 month ago as it is at 253k and it didn't change the primary issue. Any thoughts before replacing the TB all together?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I would likely go ahead and just do the TB next. Try to get a new genuine Toyota, I would go low mileage used salvage next vs buying a remanufactured one. I have never had good luck with any reman. part and hate doing things twice which usually ends up costing more than just buying a new part from the start. I have had great luck with low mileage used parts as they are genuine toyota and usually in perfect condition, again spend the money on a good one and not the cheapest one you can find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would likely go ahead and just do the TB next. Try to get a new genuine Toyota, I would go low mileage used salvage next vs buying a remanufactured one. I have never had good luck with any reman. part and hate doing things twice which usually ends up costing more than just buying a new part from the start. I have had great luck with low mileage used parts as they are genuine toyota and usually in perfect condition, again spend the money on a good one and not the cheapest one you can find.
Thank you. I took your advice and got one used w/ only 96k on it and installed it then performed relearn and it ran amazing on first drive. Went to drive it a couple hours later and now it's even worse. Constantly struggling to accelerate and feels like misfiring almost dying while driving. Does so at lower speeds and worse at higher. I'm at a loss. No codes still.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts