Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put Mobil 1 in it and changed the oil filter w/ a Bosch filter. Should I replace any other fluids? It's had a very easy life.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to change the brake fluid as well since it is recommended at 2-3 year intervals. The '06 Tundra comes with long life coolant that is supposed to last for 100,000 miles. By time alone, I'm guessing every 5 years or so would be sufficient, or just for peace of mind you could always change the coolant out every 3 years. Definitely no sooner than that though. Worth noting is that the long life coolant needs to be diluted 50/50 with deionized or distilled water, whereas the newest Super long life comes pre-diluted. Might not be a bad idea also to change out the rear diff fluid to synthetic such as Royal Purple or Mobil 1.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't really need to change any other fluids, maybe rotate the tires and possibly clean/get a new air filter.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
And put some miles on it!!!! :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
As Yamatoy suggested, definitely flush the brake fluid.
Brake fluid is hydroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture from the air just from sitting there (and I'm sure you have humidity in Oregon). As this happens, 2 things occur:
1) the boiling point of the fluid is reduced, such that repeated hard braking could boil the fluid in the calipers and lead to loss of braking power
2) moisture in the rubber lines and calipers can weaken the lines and seals

Other than that, you should be fine... except for the flat spots on your tires from your truck sitting so much. ;-)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well, I hope that's not its first oil change!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts