Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching on ebay and autotrader, looking at what the new '07 4x4 SR5 DC's were going for with similar options as my '06 DC, and printed a few pics. If I had to do it all over again, I'm pretty sure I'd do the same thing. I got my '06 DC SR5 4x4 for $25,989. The '07 pictured below is an SR5 4x4 DC with the 5.7 for $33,428. Yes, it's got a larger engine, but it isn't a true crew cab either.

Just looking at the pics, I think the '06 is a nicer looking vehicle - even if the pricing was the same! I'm partial to phantom gray pearl (metallic grays) What do you think?

Here's a favorite pic of phantom gray pearl with running boards:

·
Registered
86 Posts
My local dealer must think so to. They have an 06 DC with the XSP package and 20,000 miles on it and are asking $3500 more for it than I gave for mine new in Jun 06.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I like the 06 DC better than 07. The 06 IS a true CC. I have a Spectra Blue Mica 06 DC, that I LOVE.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Buckeye fan - You paid $26K for your truck brand new or was it used? I am asking because I found an 05 at a dealership but I have not found out what they want for it but I just need to know what a fair price for the truck would be. It is an SR5 4X4 05 with 11K miles on it.

I definitely like the 06 better than the 07. The last body style changes of the Tacoma and Tundra really don't look that good to me. I don't have to much faith in the next Sequoia. That is why I have an 03 Tacoma and an 05 Sequoia and when I sell my Taco and am not going to get a Tundra any newer than an 06.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buckeye fan - You paid $26K for your truck brand new or was it used? I am asking because I found an 05 at a dealership but I have not found out what they want for it but I just need to know what a fair price for the truck would be. It is an SR5 4X4 05 with 11K miles on it.

I definitely like the 06 better than the 07. The last body style changes of the Tacoma and Tundra really don't look that good to me. I don't have to much faith in the next Sequoia. That is why I have an 03 Tacoma and an 05 Sequoia and when I sell my Taco and am not going to get a Tundra any newer than an 06.
It had 180 miles on it, but was sitting on the showroom floor with a clean title. I could have purchased the same truck with 6 miles in tan, but I wanted the phantom gray pearl. Both stickered for just under $33,000. Couldn't pass it up.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
I think you have a great truck except for the color! I'm a sucker for a clean white truck.

Okay, I like the phantom gray too.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Go with the 06. I personally like the way they look better anyways. Its an awesome truck... the 07 doesnt really have anything the 06 doesnt have other than an extra liter... . I just got a 06 AC limited 4x4 and am very satisfied...
plus... lower payments equals more money for goodies:devil:

EDIT: oops... thought you were asking hwat you should buy... nice truck :tu:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Stickered for 33 and you got it for 26? Great deal. With That in mind what do you think is fair for the one I was talking about? 24K?? I still have to check around for left over 06s at the local dealer lots but I am sure they are all gone. Thanks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Okay, are you asking us if you should get an 06 vs. 07?
Or are you starting another discussion/comparison thread between the two?

·
Registered
971 Posts
One thing I have noticed comparing the new 07 to the previous Tundras is that the 07 model does not seem to have as much ground clearance as the 1st Gen Tundras. Although I have not gone underneath with a tapemeasure, the fuel tank, frame and other things seem to hang a lot lower on the 07. Not really an issue when used on the road but would not be as good off road. My 05 is a daily driver with not much need for heavy duty towing but I do use it frequently for off road use while hunting a fishing. Yeah the 07 is a heavier duty truck no doubt BUT the 06 IS still a great truck none the less and is just as good of a truck now as it was before the 07 model came out.:tu:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bro, honestly I agree with you 100%. I drove the 07 with single cab and crew max. Yes they are fast for a truck (13.6/1 power to weight ratio is sick for a truck), but they are gargantuan. Even the single cab is ridiculously big. And I'm not a big fan on the styling, looks like they borrowed from the Ford F-series a bit, and then also from the Ram (which Toyota has admitted to). Just not practical for anyone whom has 25%+ city driving and PARKING to deal with. If you need to haul a full horse trailer, I understand. But if it is a daily commuter with limited off-road/hauling duties, why? Trying to compensate for something, like the guys who buy huge F250s or Ram Hemi DCs that never see a bit of off-roading.

The 05-06 Tundras are outstanding. They should fall in line right behind the previous generation Tacomas (the toyota 3.4L is considered among the best engines ever built), and be held in high regard for years to come. You got a lot of truck for what you spent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can't go wrong with Phantom Gray.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stickered for 33 and you got it for 26? Great deal. With That in mind what do you think is fair for the one I was talking about? 24K?? I still have to check around for left over 06s at the local dealer lots but I am sure they are all gone. Thanks.
I would input the truck into Edmunds with the correct trim and 11,000 miles, and work the price up from "trade in." You'll have to decide if it's in "outstanding" or "clean", then findout what options are on it. Those options add up quickly. Try to get the VIN number, or photo of the sticker, then run it through edmunds used car appraiser below. Did you say it was a DC or AC?

Tundra's don't lose value very quickly. It's hard to find USED Tundra's as well. People hold on to them. You can hope for guys trading in their '05's and '06's for the newer style.

Edmunds used Toyota Tundra car appraisal. Used Toyota car pricing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on a '06 4x4 DC limited. It could have been mine for 26k with every option available. Might have if it hadn't been green...So I was considering keeping my '04, as I was still very happy with it. I drove the '07 (with no intentions of actually buying it) the 4.7 and I really liked the truck but did not think the drive train was any better than my '04, then I drove one with the 5.7 and I was hooked. As luck would have it they had the exact model, color and options I was interested in not to mention my lease was expiring that month. I did get mine for 500.00 over invoice. I am sure there will be better incentives in the future, perhaps not as good as the '06 clearance.

Anyone who took advantage of the '06 clearance got a great deal and a great truck! The limited I looked at was 14k off sticker!!! The '06 and earlier are and still will be great trucks. But for me, the $35 extra a month in lease payments is bring endless smiles.:devil:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I almost pulled the trigger on a '06 4x4 DC limited. It could have been mine for 26k with every option available. Might have if it hadn't been green...So I was considering keeping my '04, as I was still very happy with it. I drove the '07 (with no intentions of actually buying it) the 4.7 and I really liked the truck but did not think the drive train was any better than my '04, then I drove one with the 5.7 and I was hooked. As luck would have it they had the exact model, color and options I was interested in not to mention my lease was expiring that month. I did get mine for 500.00 over invoice. I am sure there will be better incentives in the future, perhaps not as good as the '06 clearance.

Anyone who took advantage of the '06 clearance got a great deal and a great truck! The limited I looked at was 14k off sticker!!! The '06 and earlier are and still will be great trucks. But for me, the $35 extra a month in lease payments is bring endless smiles.:devil:
That's an unbelievable price on the '06 Limited. Was it brand new? Heck, see if it's still for sale. I'll buy it and resell it for a nice profit ;). They are very hard to come by.

·
Registered
435 Posts
yeah that is an unbelievable price. I got my loaded (17s, power rear window, power leather bucket seats, 6 disc changer, 4x4, v8, toolbox, partial aluminum skidplate, bed mat, LSD, TRD duals) 2006 a week ago for 27.5k otd and it had 8k miles

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
HANDS down 06 D/C over 07 D/C which has an identity crisis IMOO!! Both still fine trucks and worth every penny andi will not go into why i like the 06 better because previous threads speak for themselves. Crew MAx still not out yet or dhould we call it the 07 D/C witout identity crisis?? Still trying to figure if they are stretching the bed before launch/delivery?? FYI subject has been beat down allready pretty hard!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts