Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody install a trd supercharger on there tundra? How well does it preform and sound?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
TRD never made a turbocharger for the Tundra.....just superchargers.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Lots of guys have them. I've seen a lot of threads over in the second gen Tundra forum. I wish I had that kind of $$$$$!

·
Registered
2 Posts
well has ne one got the supercharger and if so did u install it urself and how much trouble was it for u jw thinkin of gettin a kit for my tundra but i wanna do it myself

·
Registered
2 Posts
damn well thats no good might as well have someone paid to do it

·
Banned
444 Posts
The kit is super EASY to install, Its a direct bolt on, and little modification is needed. Good kit.. but here is a couple videos of the install. The problem you will encounter doing at home will be that fuel pump...STUPID design.

Part 1 YouTube - How to: Install TRD Supercharger on a Toyota Tundra (Part 1)

Part 2: YouTube - How to: Install TRD Supercharger on a Toyota Tundra (Part 2)

Just for the record, You can drive it to the dealer to have it re-flashed. I drove the truck 3- months without the flash. Because I had the kid before it was released.

Had so much more power then, But shifts where ...OFF

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Self install of SC Kit

I believe if you have doubts then it may be beyond your ability cause this is a complete assortment of components and involves replacing your intake with the Supercharger unit and swapping injectors to larger size and changing the in tank fuel pump along with changing a stock map sensor to a vacuum / boost map sensor, nothing is difficult and following steps this can be done, just some will take a longer amount of time than others, yet its something a long day can fill the bill... and you CAN drive this after install to the dealer with common sense and using minimal throttle until remap is done. there is NO harm with easily driving to a dealer provided you don't have to drive too far and throttle input is very limited, meaning staying AWAY of from causing Boost.... Safe to do, lean on that go pedal and your playing with Knock in a bad way. Someone handy with tools and who has taken apart a few engines or head gaskets could do this easily, follow directions and look at currently available video's on Youtube.:tu:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts