Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my 06 DC is in the shop, the dealership gave me an 07 DC 4.7 4x4 for the next few days. The first thing I noticed was it seemed to have much more power than my 06. The power ratings did not change from 06 to 07, both trannys are 5 speeds, and both rear ends are 4:10. The 07 is heavier, so I can't figure out why it seems to have so much more power. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Did you upgrade your rear diff. to 4.10? I think stock rear diff. is something like 3.91. That could be the answer depending on your response.

·
Registered
338 Posts
While my 06 DC is in the shop, the dealership gave me an 07 DC 4.7 4x4 for the next few days. The first thing I noticed was it seemed to have much more power than my 06. The power ratings did not change from 06 to 07, both trannys are 5 speeds, and both rear ends are 4:10. The 07 is heavier, so I can't figure out why it seems to have so much more power. Any ideas?
Yeah, if you like that try the 5.7!:cool:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm almost positive your 06 does not have the 4:10. That's part of the reason why the towing and overall performance, as yor experienced first hand, has improved so much is because the 07 now offers a 4:10.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
"Feels like" comments have to be taken with a grain of salt until they are backed with dragstrip results. The butt is not certified calibrated. :D

Same power, more weight = slower.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What does the 07 rev at 60mph? My 05 AC V8 revs just under 2000rpm @60mph.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The RPM's are just under 2K at 60mph. I realize "seat of pants" is not accurate, and I am not talking about racing, but the 07 seems quicker. Could be re-calibrated computer, softer gas pedal, whatever it is the 07 seems to get up and go easier and quicker than my 06. Has anyone else noticed this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts