Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE LENGTH OF THE AXLE..

I HAVE A 2003 TUNDRA.. JUSS DROPPED IN A LQ9 TURBO.. (CHEVY MOTOR)

NEED A REAR END TO USE.. WAS LOOKING INTO A FORD 9IN.. BUT NAHHH

I WANNA STAY TOYOTA..

NEED TO KNOW THE SPECS?? ANYONE??

FROM HUB TO HUB.. THANKS

-----> TOYOTA TUFF W CHEVY NUTZ <-----

heres link to the build

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/186254-ls1-swap-into-tundra/

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Man, I cant tell you the specs, but I read throuh your tjread and that thing looks ba
However, I don't think you should use the yota axle because of the alsd. It is a big weak link If youre going to try and put that power to the ground. Now, I do believe there are a few options for lsd and air locker out there.

I'm Interested to see the other input from members

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
My bro in law slammed a gm 350 it no an '87 toyota 4x4 extended cad with the original 5 speed manual trans and rear end.The only problem he had was he ripped the spring mounts off the frame when he jumped the truck over a road and the back tires landed on the asphalt instead of the gravel. He is very abusive with his vehicles and that truck still runs and drives 10 years later after he fixed the spring mounts on the frame. I drives everything he owns like a 16 year old and he is 34 or somewhare close to that age. He also had the frame powder coated, added a 3" body lift, 6" suspension lift, custom fabricated flat bed with an over cab ladder rack, custom made dual exhaust that tucks into the frame and out the back and 36 inch tires.

For your needs you should pm Marky_mark and see if he can get you the measurements as he had his axle housing shortened for his project.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
ALSD is the automatic limited slip. It's a great way for Toyota to say they have limited slip, but it's really a poor excuse for it. It makes traction for the other wheel using the brakes... so, not only is it harder on your brakes, it also makes a lot more noise, and it's not very effective.

-rockstate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts