Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the grill set on ebay, they have a full set that fills that dreaded upper slot, very cool. sorry, I don't know to link.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw that too, not bad looking. Just wait a little while for R&D teams to get their hands on the 07s and there should more options shortly if you've got the patience.

·
Registered
961 Posts
It would look better without a Toyota symbol.

·
Registered
961 Posts
New member here, DG Custom Auto. If you like the grill from Ebay, we have them for forum members at $165.00 + $20.00 freight for the upper, $55.00 for the lower with no added freight. Ours has the logo cut-out for the emblem to show through. A bolt-on overlay application, easy to install. The one on Ebay is made by Carriage Works, where ours is made much better by B-Cool Billets. T-Rex has announced their complete replacement upper billet grille with no logo. Cost on the T-Rex version of the upper grille to forum members is $200.00 = $20.00 freight. For questions or inquiries, call Craig at (619) 954-8933.
ANy pics ??

·
Registered
99 Posts
What about a hood shield? I would think this would be one of the easiest accessories to make and I have yet to see one, even from Toyota themselves. Anyone know if one has been developed yet and where we can get it??

·
Banned
159 Posts
Strange that the ad doesn't mention the type of alloy...or is it ABS...can't tell.

Nor is there mention of the finish...chromed, brushed?

Buyer beware.

I'm waiting for a reputable company like Trenz or Putco or Carriage Works to bring out a grill...some of these quick to market ebayers may be total crap.

·
Banned
888 Posts
The term billet refers alloy or composite metals
The notation to CNC machined also refers"generally" to metals.Also the price has me abit concerned ;)
Ive sent a request to the seller on this question as well as possibly the toyo logo delete availabilty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My toyota dealer installed the factory hood shield when I picked up my truck. It helps detract from the plastic insert on above the grill

·
Registered
55 Posts
My toyota dealer installed the factory hood shield when I picked up my truck. It helps detract from the plastic insert on above the grill

Mark,

Do you have a picture of the hood shield on your truck. This is typically the first thing I put on a new truck and I haven't been able to locate one yet. I'd really like to see what one looks like on the truck.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
595 Posts
Check out this grill from E&G Classic.

EG Classics Inc.: Products
The biggest improvement with that grill isn't the grill itself, it's the chrome insert for the upper portion of the grill surround. I've been waiting for someone to come out with something like that.

I like!

·
Banned
159 Posts
Do you really want to draw attention to that opening? I'm painting mine to match the body. Fake scoops w/billet inserts just don't look right IMO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'll be painting my limited chrome bumpers black to color match the truck, along with painting the grill surround as well. The chrome is a little to "american", I like it but think that all black will look bad a$$. Maybe do some billet on the grill to get rid of the Toyo logo, who knows though, might paint that too;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I actually like the little fake opening above the grille. Dont ask me why, i just do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts