Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about dumping the Stock Battery and replacing it with something better.
I have never had much luck with the Stock Batteries that Toyota puts into their viehicles.

All of the past 4 Toyotas I have owned have all had the battery die off on me at about 1 and 1/2 years.

Anyone replace their battery yet or plan too?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Been thinking about dumping the Stock Battery and replacing it with something better.
I have never had much luck with the Stock Batteries that Toyota puts into their viehicles.

All of the past 4 Toyotas I have owned have all had the battery die off on me at about 1 and 1/2 years.

Yes, plan to after 5-7 years!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Took delivery of 2007 Camry in May 2007. Since then, have had repeated battery failure. Each time, I have recharged and things are okay unless I go two or three days without using the car. Dealer says battery is okay. I have a 1995 Ford Taurus and I can go 10 days without a problem in a battery that is three years old. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
91 Posts
We got 8 years out of the original and it had not failed then. I only replaced it on GP before my luck ran out at an inconvenient time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Took delivery of 2007 Camry in May 2007. Since then, have had repeated battery failure. Each time, I have recharged and things are okay unless I go two or three days without using the car. Dealer says battery is okay. I have a 1995 Ford Taurus and I can go 10 days without a problem in a battery that is three years old. What are your thoughts?
You've got a short.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar and very frustrating problem when I first got my '07 Camry 4 cyl in Nov 06. Went through 4 batteries in the course of a few weeks with as many trips back to the dealership. They thought I was leaving something on - I don't think they took my problem seriously until the problem got so bad that it blew a fuse that controlled my accelerator, so I could not accelerate at all, and the moon roof responded totally randomly to activating any of its controls. Had to have it transported to the dealership because of no accelerator, and I had my "lemon law" paperwork in my hand. With the input of Toyota's experts, they replaced the computer - problem solved, been fine since that was done in Jan 07. Don't know exactly how to describe what they said was wrong, but Toyota is apparently familiar with the problem. Not a short, as I first surmised, dealership said they checked extensively for that on the 2nd & 3rd visits. Good luck with finding your problem!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our Camry had to be replaced (under warranty!) when it cracked. It was the weirdest thing... The smallest crack rendered it useless. The battery was only 1.5 years old.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am impressed!!!!!!
Must be a Texas HEAT thing that wears out my car's battery.
I think I have changed the wife's battery 2 times now.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Our '08 I-4 Camry (Sept 07 / now has 5,400 miles) still has the original Battery. We just got back from the dealership for oil & filter change. They checked our battery with out us asking and wanted to sell us a new battery.WE said no thanks. Often our Camry is not used for 6 days strait.
Our '99 Frontier 4x4 (Dec 98) first battery lasted 3 years.

We sent you some snow.. Have a good one.. Don S..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts