Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this thread a while ago and got no replies so I thought I would throw it out there again and hope someone has any ideas. The black materiel covering the top of the center console has come away at the corner, it looks like unscrewing the screws holding the plastic trim on the inside of the lid may hold the fabric tight, not sure, so can I loosen this and tuck the fabric back in tight, has anybody else had this problem, if so could you recommend best way to tuck the fabric back.

:ts:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh crap..um..the guy from arizona that did a clazzio seat install took his apart and there was a thread and pics of how to take that cover off.....

ok i found it..tusconcrew's thread

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/186110-ill-pay-you-5-if-you/

it will tell u how to get it apart and hopefully u can get it restretched...if not, just get a piece of vinyl from the fabric store and recover it...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I posted this thread a while ago and got no replies so I thought I would throw it out there again and hope someone has any ideas. The black materiel covering the top of the center console has come away at the corner, it looks like unscrewing the screws holding the plastic trim on the inside of the lid may hold the fabric tight, not sure, so can I loosen this and tuck the fabric back in tight, has anybody else had this problem, if so could you recommend best way to tuck the fabric back.

:ts:

I would not think the fabric is held on there by the screws. I think it just attaches to the console with the screws. I would take it off and re-staple or glue it back on. Then put it back on.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I would call salvage yards and try to find a leather one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem with the console on my 07 CM Limited.. Unlike the rest of the interior the console is not covered with leather. It appears to be vinyl with a rubbery backing and the vinyl has shrunk over time and peeled away at the corner. I tried to stretch it back using clamps and a heat gun without success. I finally glued the cover back in place at the corner with "Shoe Goo" glue and then trimmed the excess vinyl with a razor blade. After 3 months the glue seems to be holding fine..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts