Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I purchased a used 07 double cab. It has the 20" carved alloys with 305/50/20 Michelin's. The tires are worn and need to be replaced. I would really like to get the Toyo MTs 33x12.5x20. I do not want to get new wheels and I like the look of the carved alloys so I will keep them.

1. Will the Toyos work on the carved alloys?
2. Will I need to get a leveling kit? If so what would you recommend?
3. If the Toyos won't work, what other choices do I have for 33s?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally pulled the trigger and got a set!

Well...I didn't get any replies, but after much contemplation between Toyos, Cooper LTZs and Nitto Trail Grapplers I went ahead with the 305/55/20 Trail Grapplers. I put them on stock carved wheels with no leveling kit. No rubbing that I can tell but it is darn close to the upper control arm. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Makes the truck look tough.

· Mark it eight, Dude...
4,326 Posts
I agree you should post a picture of the whole truck from the side. Sorry you didn't get any responses man, but these tire questions are a dime a dozen. I would have said that 33" will fit with no lift but 12.5" wide is technically too wide for that wheel. With that said they may be a bit wide but it will work fine. I really like those wheels and tires man, congrats and get us that picture!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.