Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to remove the driver side door panel? I need to replace my mirror, and the smaller triangle only allows easy access to the wire harnes clip and one of the 3 bolts. I can see a small round object near the front of the door panel that looks like a cap for a bolt but i dont have the balls to remove it without knowing what it really is. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The small triangle piece just pops right off exposing the tweeter. Below that is a small black circle like clip with what looks like a button in it (this is what you thought looks like a cap for a bolt). Take a small phillips screwdriver or flat pin and push that small button in. That will release that clip. Next you have a small phillips screw in the door handle under that little piece of fabric they put in there. Remove the fabric piece and you'll see the screw, unscrew it. There are also a few random retainer clips around the lower part of the door. Lift the door panel up first then pull it away. A small "panel tool" will help you out a ton and keep you from breaking clips. You can pick one up at a local auto supply store for about $5-10 bucks. Once you do one door you'll see there is nothing to it.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The small triangle piece just pops right off exposing the tweeter. Below that is a small black circle like clip with what looks like a button in it (this is what you thought looks like a cap for a bolt). Take a small phillips screwdriver or flat pin and push that small button in. That will release that clip. Next you have a small phillips screw in the door handle under that little piece of fabric they put in there. Remove the fabric piece and you'll see the screw, unscrew it. There are also a few random retainer clips around the lower part of the door. Lift the door panel up first then pull it away. A small "panel tool" will help you out a ton and keep you from breaking clips. You can pick one up at a local auto supply store for about $5-10 bucks. Once you do one door you'll see there is nothing to it.

Hope that helps.
Add one step:
There is a small plastic panel behind the door open handle. Remove it with a small screw driver - it just pops off. Remove the philips screw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts