Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they very effective? How are they turned on? Has anybody looked into adding them to a non-equiped model. Mine won't have them, but I would like to add them. Will the dealer be able to do this? Will I be able to do this myself? Any idea of cost?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are they very effective? How are they turned on? Has anybody looked into adding them to a non-equiped model. Mine won't have them, but I would like to add them. Will the dealer be able to do this? Will I be able to do this myself? Any idea of cost?
According to the insurance companies, they are effective. I wish the the default setting for these was "ON" so for those of us that want them dont have to go to the dealer. I know that my limited has an auto setting for the headlights so I never have to actually turn them on...ever. I am sure the driving lights utilize the same light sensor that the auto lights use.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am sure the driving lights utilize the same light sensor that the auto lights use.
i'm pretty sure that the drl's are always on and do not require input from the sensor that turns the low beams on. the owner's manual speaks on this.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i'm pretty sure that the drl's are always on and do not require input from the sensor that turns the low beams on. the owner's manual speaks on this.
Mine are always on. Also the auto setting won't keep you out of trouble in Calif. If you have to use your wipers, you have to have your headlights on. We also have a lot daylight headlight sections on our roads and you will get a ticket if your lights are not on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I started a thread inquiring the same. I am looking to install either lights in the holes or put a par and lights on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry, I was meaning the fog lights in the bumper. Those black plastic plugs look stupid.
They turn on with the same rotory switch as the head lights. Notch one is park, second notch head lights and parks, third notch park head and fog. they are easy to tell when they are on and quite bright. :tu:

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is a mod listed for the previous Tundra. It allows the fogs to operate independently of the headlight/parking light function. I use these as my DRL's since I installed Xenon HID lamps that MUST have the full 12 volts.

I want to do the same to my new '07 when I get it. Anyone worked out the 'how to' yet???

Rich

·
Registered
77 Posts
They turn on with the same rotory switch as the head lights. Notch one is park, second notch head lights and parks, third notch park head and fog. they are easy to tell when they are on and quite bright. :tu:
weird. my tundra has a seperate rotary switch adjacent to the headlight switch for the fogs. fyi, i have the auto headlights. this may be the difference.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mine have the seperate rotary switch on the turn signal control inboard of the normal light switch. I just posted how I added OEM fog lamps to my '07 in the other fog lamp thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts