Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i was getting in the truck after putting some beer in the back seat. well I sit in the drivers seat and see next to the clock, a car icon with a key. I look it up in the owers manual and its engine immobilizer. What turns this on or off? I have 1600 miles on my 07. this was the first time I saw it? Unlikely its bright and i drive at night more than the day, so I would have seen it.

I might name this the Ghostly engine immobilizer system on the new 07's lol

ps i dont have the factory alarm..just keylesss..... weird

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i get that, but why blink all of the sudden? it started fine.. is it supposed to always blink? if so why did it not before?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Whenever the key with the transponder isn't in the ignition, the immobolizer is active. When it is active it will blink. You must have just overlooked it before.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
yes i get that, but why blink all of the sudden? it started fine.. is it supposed to always blink? if so why did it not before?
Probably too much time elapsed from the time you opened the doors until you got the key in the ignition and turned it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just checked out when the light is on and when it is off on my '07 5.7L TRD. The light always blinks when the key is not in the ignition. Even after using the keyless remote to unlock the doors then climb in, still blinking. Only when the transponder key is put into the ignition does it stop. This indicates that the immobolizer is active. Not until you put your key in is it inactive. Unless there is a way to "customize"this feature through the Multi-Info display, it appears that you did miss it all the other times. Just excited to get the key in and start it I would guess.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The high tech system detected beer in the car and temporarily immobilized the engine. If you were not able to stick the key in the ignition on the first try the car would notify the local police department of a possible DUI in progress.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
The high tech system detected beer in the car and temporarily immobilized the engine. If you were not able to stick the key in the ignition on the first try the car would notify the local police department of a possible DUI in progress.
LOL, funny!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked out when the light is on and when it is off on my '07 5.7L TRD. The light always blinks when the key is not in the ignition. Even after using the keyless remote to unlock the doors then climb in, still blinking. Only when the transponder key is put into the ignition does it stop. This indicates that the immobolizer is active. Not until you put your key in is it inactive. Unless there is a way to "customize"this feature through the Multi-Info display, it appears that you did miss it all the other times. Just excited to get the key in and start it I would guess.
i guess i missed it.. but the day i read the whole owners manual while sitting in the drivers seat with keys in my lap... i just dont know how.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts