Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this truck is on day number 3.

I swapped out the tires to BFG AT KO's, scotch guarded the crap out the inside and put the popnlock on the tailgate.

Spot

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice lookin' Truck man!! I'm gettin' the AT's in the next week or so....those Rugged Trails just didn't cut it...:td:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the exact same Tacoma model and color and love it. I sold my Rugged Trails as well and went with the Yokohama Geolander AT/S tires in same size. So far I am very happy with them. Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Now I'm thinking about the next mod and when I'm going to lift the truck...

I do love the truck already, it's a shear pleasure to drive it.

Spot

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was pretty easy doing the pop lock.

Just take off the plastic tailgate cover pop off the links that hook the handle to the side lock things (thingy would have been the technical term).

Then you lift the handle and slide the pop lock in under it, there are two slots with what looks like screw holes in them where the pop lock fits right into and under the current plastic handle mechanism.

I cheated and loosened the plastic handle to slip the lock pop under it without making any contact with the painted surface. (it's a tight fit otherwise trying to slip the lock under the handle).

Once it's in you put the collars over the studs (screws from the pop lock) and tighten it up... and your done.

I took my time and it took almost 10 minutes and works great.

Spot

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just put some 265/75/16 BFG T/A KOs on my '05 Friday and I love em. It's a little rougher of a ride, but the looks make up for it. I haven't had a chance to go offroading on them yet. So far no rubbing...

Don't mind my cracked/broken front mudflaps. Put a new driver's side on today..

If you look in the background to the left, my neighbor just bought a white '07 DC Taco. :cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice looking truck, I like how snugtop puts only a simple chrome sticker on the rear windsheild now. Looks sleek! :tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts