Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did all of the '07 SR5's come with a tow package? I bought an '07 DC 4.7L recently and I am trying to find out if it has the tow package or not. It does not have the trans temp gauge(but it is a 4.7l not 5.7l) and it has a hitch receiver and the 4 wire plug that is plugged directly to the factory harness(not spliced). What else can I look at to tell if it has the tow package or not?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not sure with the 4.7, but my 2007 SR5 5.7 has a trans cooler, trans temp gauge, tow/haul button and receiver hitch. I would think it would be the same if you had it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can someone post a picture of the transcooler? Also, I believe the 4.7l's didn't have the Tow/Haul button, at least that is my understanding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure with the 4.7, but my 2007 SR5 5.7 has a trans cooler, trans temp gauge, tow/haul button and receiver hitch. I would think it would be the same if you had it.

I have all that too.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
nope. u dont have the factory tow package. u have an aftermarket hitch. the stock one has the big RV type of connector and the 4 flat all in one assembly. also u would have the trans gauge, cooler, etc like i have on my 4.7 with tow package.

the stock hitch and plug connectors look like this one that i just googled...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh and yes, us 4.7 guys have all the same stuff the 5.7 guys have EXCEPT for the tow haul button...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ah, thanks. Anyone ever had the transcooler added by toyota after?
I would guess that the loads you plan on hauling (seeing as you got the 4.7) will not tax the transmission to the point that a tranny cooler would be worth the hassle of installing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live in Louisiana(so pretty flat) and don't really haul much weight(small boat every now and then) but would like to be able to comfortably pull more than 6700lbs(rating with tow package is like 8000)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts