Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE my Tacoma, but the drivers window is starting to drive me nuts!! At highway speeds around 65 to 75 mph the Drivers side window will rattle and squeak with any imperfection in the road! This has got old quick! I'm only at 1100 miles and dont really want to take her in to the dealership for this until the 3000 mile oil change! I have read where the Tundras were having these problems but none on the Tacomas........ Oh and I have the Ticking in the engine that most have complained about! This only bothers me because everyone ask "What in the heck is that Toyota ticking for :confused: ?" If anyone has the answers to my problems besides the "Take it to the dealership, it's under warranty!!!!!!!!! Please HELP! :ts: !! JB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Everybodys windows are rattle free I see :cry: !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
get info(only because im not sure how just yet), or maybe someone will chime in, and take the door panel off and see if you can find anything that is loose that could make the rattle. as far as the ticking....unless toyota sends ya something,or the dealership says something about it, unless it totally bothers ya....dont worry about it. there was a tsb for the 05's and some 06's for this, not sure about the 07's! my 06 prerunner has a tick....and my vin# wasnt included in the tsb.....so now i just chalk it up to injectors ticking(and i really cant hear it with my flowmaster40:D)!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I'm not going to take the door panels off in fear of messing something up and having to replace something at my cost! I will just wait until the first service and get the Dealer to look at this! I may just go ahead a schedule an appointment for them to get this fixed because it is driving me crazy!!!!!!! Thanks for the reply! JB

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yea, I'm not going to take the door panels off in fear of messing something up and having to replace something at my cost! I will just wait until the first service and get the Dealer to look at this! I may just go ahead a schedule an appointment for them to get this fixed because it is driving me crazy!!!!!!! Thanks for the reply! JB
well, let me know how it turns out man!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
My early build 05 doesn't have any rattles in the door - I'm guessing that something didn't get tightened down correctly when they built your truck. If your dealer is anything like mine though it will be tough to get them to do anything about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts