Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 90k miles on my 07 DC limited and I'm thinking of selling it for a 2010 Crewmax.

I've done quite a bit to the 07, but may not mess with the new one as much (right?!)

I haven't heard much about the new flexfuel engine. I'm not a big fan of E85, but how does the Tundra do with it?

I'm giving up a foot of length in the bed, but gaining it in the cab. My kids are older and longer, but my daughter will be driving soon. I don't have issues fitting everything I need for work in the DC bed, but I'm not sure about the CM.

I may very well order the supercharger out of the gate with the new rig, but do I really NEED the extra HP? Of COURSE, but not really.

What other options should I consider?

·
Registered
918 Posts
According to my owners manual if my truck were flex fuel-capable and I was to run that gunk I'd see a big drop in fuel economy and I'd have to change my oil twice as often.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah jsut cause it can run on that crap doesnt mean you have to. so you should see no change if u keep using what u are now.

and wow. 90k. i only hav 37k on my 07 haha. good luck!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I got you beat. I have 24K on my 2007.:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just my .02.... I just traded in a CC Dodge for my DC Tundra..... after having a regular sized bed for years it drove me nuts looking at that CC Dodge... it just never looked right and felt like I gave up my "truck" for a nice family car with a bed... just make sure you're 100% on that body style... if you are I'm sure it'll be a great truck no matter what.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Get the 2010

6,432 miles on my 2008

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just over 3000 miles on my 08 DC. Purchased in Oct. 08. Bought it as an early retirement gift when I plan to do some traveling with a trailer in 2011. Have a beater 95 Tacoma for daily use in the meantime.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Approaching 10K at the 1 year anniversary of my purchase of my 09. If it weren't for the nearly 800 mile each way road trip I took the day after I bought it I'd be below 9K. Last truck racked up 75000 miles in about 5 years. Now that I have the work vehicle I don't see the miles piling up that fast on this one at all. This one will be for errands after work during the week and weekend fun. I'd be surprised if it accumlates more than 8-9000 miles per year. Shooting for just enough to keep the juices flowing and not let anything waste away from lack of use. But at the same time if it's still under 100K 8-10 years from now so much the better.

·
Registered
819 Posts
gkeas,

I was just wondering if you felt the DC was just too cramped for your growing family or would just prefer a much larger back seat?

IMHO, the DC is equivalent to the Chevy Crew Cab. I've gotten a 6ft friend of mine sitting in the back seat with plenty of room. I might have moved the front seat up a notch though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gkeas,

I was just wondering if you felt the DC was just too cramped for your growing family or would just prefer a much larger back seat?

IMHO, the DC is equivalent to the Chevy Crew Cab. I've gotten a 6ft friend of mine sitting in the back seat with plenty of room. I might have moved the front seat up a notch though.
My family isn't so much "growing" as long. I'm a big guy and my kids are both afflicted with my really long legs. I've had 5 adults in my truck, and it was OK for short (<50 mile) tirps, but we do long road trips, and my kids get cramped. I have to put my seat all the way back, and my son (the younger of the 2) gets stuck behind me with very little room to wiggle.

I'm sure occasionally I'll miss the extra bed length, but I also have a trailer I can use when I really need to haul bigger stuff, so it's almost moot. I'm really torn, because I have my truck just like I want it, but I can do that stuff over again, if I choose.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
From what I understand (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong).... I don't think you can Supercharge the Flex-Fuel engines. When I go on Sparks' website and look under the Supercharger part, they say they're for non-FFV's only. FYI.

I can say that because of car-seats, moving up from my '07 DC to my '10 CM was Awesome, if not necessary! Once in a while I miss the extra foot in the bed, but the interior space is incredible. CM all the way!

·
Registered
544 Posts
LOL It's funny how the thread turned to a mileage thread...jk!

I think you'll be happier in the CM if you do very long trips! And your family is lucky to have the DC over my Access Cab 06' Talk about cramped! lmao.

I wouldn't get the FFV unless you really need to buy that crap all the time... You cant supercharge it either! I read somewhere that the injectors are different making the SC incompatible.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most of the new Tundras I've seen around here (North Dakota) have the 5.7 Flex Fuel since E-85 is pretty abundant. Funny thing is, I don't know of anyone who regularly runs E-85. :confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ive called and called and called. no one can tell me that the FF 5.7 CANT run a SC. i tried to find a non FF cm but dealers that had them wouldn't trade them and were too far away for me to travel to get them. not buying a new truck with 1200 + miles on it but that's just me.

the only issue is that

1) dealer wont install the sc and they say its because of the FF motor - its not a E85 only motor it runs on gas, morons.
2) installing SC somewhere other than dealer = no warranty so if another shop screws it up its your dime
3) just because you get the badge that says "crap fuel capable" does not mean you have to run it - even if i wanted to run the crap the nearest station to me is an hour + away = 10/15 cents less? fail...

the explanations i got was running E85 thru the SC puts strain on parts that are designed to not run well or at all on E85. ok so great. i wont run it, hell i told the GM of the dealership i would sign affidavit stating if i ran E85 thru a SC motor i would personally kick my own axx. lol. fail...

other than that we had an 07 double cab and we are waiting on our 10' CM 4x4 5.7 to be delivered. yeah a foot less but you can get a bed extender, you can buy a craptastic harbor freight cheap trailer, etc. for us its the comfort factor.

good luck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts